The Beatles said it best...

I've got the song, "Yesterday," running through my head.
Remember the smiling, happy faces I shared with you yesterday?
Well, they looked like this...
Kate looks more crazy than happy in that photo, but I assure you, she was having a good time. Yesterday.

Today's faces look a bit more like this...


This picture is from a month ago.
We didn't play outside in winter gear today. No way!
We were out in shorts and swimsuits...again!
And maybe being 'out' was part of our problem.

You know those days when it feels like your kids have multiplied. 
Right under your nose you went from one or two or three sweetie pies to twelve uncontrollable children?

You try to start lunch but all twelve kids have an 'I need' meltdown at the exact same time.
You buy them popsicles to celebrate warm temps only to be reward with a one-on-one, hair-pulling, hearing loss induced fight?
The kids beg for you to drag a toy out only to throw it on the ground and beg for a different toy.

Ah, yesterday. 
I'd gladly bathe myself and the girls in gallons of finger paint if it meant I could have yesterday back.


I think often about my tone of voice with my girls.
If I am snippy with them then they will be snippy with me.
I actually found myself being snippy at them this afternoon so I apologized to Kate.
**"Kate, I'm sorry I'm being snippy with you two but mommy is just really tired of the begging."**
**"What's snippy mean, Mom?"**
I mumble some incoherent response while Kate ponders.
**"Mom, I bet "Word Girl" would know what Snippy means."**
And I let out my first smile of the day.
(If you don't know who Word Girl is then you should check her out on PBS sometime.)

So I caught myself and kept my snippy-ness in check...which means I bottled up all my grumpiness until it just about boiled out my ears

And now everyone is quietly in their rooms.
They have been bathed (with no pooping incidents) and they are actually in their pajamas because I am NOT taking them outside again today.

Sometimes during the girls' nap I actually find myself running through the house.
No, I mean literally running.
Nap time is so short and precious that if I need a drink of water while reading my book I will run to the kitchen so I don't waste as much time walking.

I'm a crazy person.

So, here is to a new day...beginning tomorrow...bedtime is only 6 hours away!

Comments

Sorry the day isn't going so well. I think this transition in weather is kind of tough on the kids and moms.. we want to get the kids out but they get tired easily as they aren't used to being out so much.. and they are so happy when they are out that when we moms say, "okay time for lunch and naps".. well, it just goes downhill. Hope your evening goes better!
I am positive there is a WordGirl episode on "snippy".

Funny how moods can swing so quickly. These days if I yell at Emily for some reason she either sadly crawls to her room or throws a magnificent, hysterical crying fit on the floor. She almost choked herself this morning on her tears. We all need more sleep around here. :op
I love your stories & I doubt it's all that hectic.Tee Hee!

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of school 2025...

Photos to share...

So long spring soccer...